The deadline for this year's Frostic Creative Writing Awards is Friday, February 3rd. The awards are open to current students at WMU. We very much hope you'll consider submitting your work.
Here are the details. Be sure to follow all guidelines:
• Submissions will be accepted in four genres: Fiction, Poetry, Non-Fiction, and Drama.
• You may submit to as many genres as you would like; you may submit up to three poems, one story, one essay, and/or one play.
• Your submission should include a cover sheet with your name, the title(s) of the submission, your contact information, and whether you are a GRADUATE or UNDERGRADUATE student. Also put this cover sheet information into the body of the email.
• The manuscript of the submitted work must not include any identifying information.
• Email submissions to Steve Feffer (steve dot feffer at wmich dot edu), and copy to Dustin M. Hoffman (dustin dot m dot hoffman at wmich dot edu).
• Please note the genre and whether you are a graduate or undergraduate student in the subject line.
• If you have any questions, please direct them to Dustin.
Creative writing faculty will determine the finalists in each genre and classification (GRAD and UNDERGRAD), which will then be passed on to outside judges. Those judges will pick a SINGLE overall winner in each genre and classification. Fiction submissions will also be considered for the annual Gordon Prize in Fiction.
All the best,
Spring Coordinator, Creative Writing